Boy, did 2019 fly by!
It was our biggest year yet here at Swank. We worked with more than 15 clients to plan over 20 large events. We made new vendor friends & found some of our favorite clients, our team grew, and lots of memories were made.
Some of our favorite events of the year?
We started off the year with an awards ceremony with Marketplace Logan, which may just be one of the most beautiful events we’ve been a part of. From the stunning centerpieces to the mirror tables, this event was anything but your typical hotel banquet. Elegant, stylish, and eye-catching, we loved everything about this gathering.
PERKS! We’ve been part of this HR conference since its inception in YEAR when only one show was hosted, and has now grown to host 4 cities in 2019, and now 6 cities for the upcoming year! We brought in aerialists, a champagne wall, and fun entertainment for guests, making this unlike any other tradeshow.
Another one of our favorite events? Acacia’s 10-year anniversary celebration on the Spirit of Boston. We sailed from the Boston Harbor and guests enjoyed a delicious email, splendid desserts, a DJ that kept everyone dancing all night, a rooftop deck, and one of the most stunning sunsets we’ve ever seen. We wish every night was as beautiful as that one!
Vestmark celebrated their holiday party just before Christmas, and transformed the hotel ballroom into a Winter Wonderland. Glow Furniture, one of Boston’s best bands, extraordinary design thanks to our vendor friends, all made for one incredible evening.
2019 was a hit, but 2020 is looking like it’ll be even better. We hope we get the chance to work with your team this year, so give us a shout if you need help planning your conference or company gathering.
We hope everyone’s holiday season was joyous & warm, and we wish you the happiest of new year’s for 2020.
Thank you, from Kristin & Anja!
Swank Events is a corporate event planning company that has been serving the Greater Boston area over the last decade. Swank currently plans more than 20 events annually ranging from small monthly meetings for 15 people to large conventions with more than 1,000 attendees, holiday parties, annual meetings, summer outings and more.
Swank Eventsis currently seeking a part-time, Event Planning Assistant to help organize and implement client events, in addition to some day to day business operations tasks. Reporting to Swank’s Owner & Creative Director, the ideal candidate is high-energy,responsible, outgoing and has exceptional organizational skills. This individual is interested in a career in the hospitality or event planning industry. This position offers a great opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience within the event planning industry and to understand what goes on behind the scenes of an event.
This is a part-time position, approximately 15 hours per week plus some nights and weekends depending on event schedule. Typical hours/days will be Monday/Wednesday: 8:30am-4:00pm.
- Previous internship or work experience in the field of hospitality, event management or event planning is strongly preferred
- Self-motivated, organized, enthusiastic, detail-oriented
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving abilities
- Effective time management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Ability to liftpull, and push a moderate weight (about 50 pounds)
Must have flexible schedule, some events may occur on the weekends
Must have reliable transportation to travel to/from office in North Reading and events
- Attend all events planned by Swank
- Prepare event materials when necessary
- Contribute to social media content and blog posts
- Research event venues and vendors for client events
- Participate in client calls and meetings
- Attend site visits and vendor meetings
- Assist with event concept building and theme development
- Assist with all other event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post-event wrap-up
- Administrative tasks to include: copying meeting agendas, creating folders for events, website updates, setting up meetings, research projects, other duties as required
Apply for the position here!