Swank Events is a corporate event planning company that has been serving the Greater Boston area over the last decade. Swank currently plans more than 20 events annually ranging from small monthly meetings for 15 people to large conventions with more than 1,000 attendees, holiday parties, annual meetings, summer outings and more.
Swank Eventsis currently seeking a part-time, Event Planning Assistant to help organize and implement client events, in addition to some day to day business operations tasks. Reporting to Swank’s Owner & Creative Director, the ideal candidate is high-energy,responsible, outgoing and has exceptional organizational skills. This individual is interested in a career in the hospitality or event planning industry. This position offers a great opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience within the event planning industry and to understand what goes on behind the scenes of an event.
This is a part-time position, approximately 15 hours per week plus some nights and weekends depending on event schedule. Typical hours/days will be Monday/Wednesday: 8:30am-4:00pm.
- Previous internship or work experience in the field of hospitality, event management or event planning is strongly preferred
- Self-motivated, organized, enthusiastic, detail-oriented
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving abilities
- Effective time management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Ability to liftpull, and push a moderate weight (about 50 pounds)
Must have flexible schedule, some events may occur on the weekends
Must have reliable transportation to travel to/from office in North Reading and events
- Attend all events planned by Swank
- Prepare event materials when necessary
- Contribute to social media content and blog posts
- Research event venues and vendors for client events
- Participate in client calls and meetings
- Attend site visits and vendor meetings
- Assist with event concept building and theme development
- Assist with all other event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post-event wrap-up
- Administrative tasks to include: copying meeting agendas, creating folders for events, website updates, setting up meetings, research projects, other duties as required